Omnia is committed to making its digital services accessible, in accordance with the Finnish Act on the Provision of Digital Services 306/2019 (from now on referred to as “the Finnish Act”).
This accessibility statement applies to the omnia.fi service, from now on referred to as “the service”.
The service is partially compliant with WCAG 2.1 Level AA standards (from now on referred to as “the Standards”), due to the shortcomings listed below.
The service contains embedded YouTube videos. Omnia does not manage the YouTube player itself and it may not comply with all accessibility standards.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
- Non-compliance with the Finnish Act: we are committed to addressing the non-compliances by the end of 2023.
In brackets, you can see the WCAG 2.1 success criterion or criteria each item violates.
- Many SVG icons have unnecessary "image" ARIA role [1.3.1. Info and relationships, 4.1.2. Name, role, value].
- The tag icon, present in many pages, has a text alternative that is always in English [3.1.2. Language of parts].
- All attachments may not fully comply with accessibility standards [1.1.1, Non-text Content, 1.3.1. Info and Relationships].
- Some links with images do not have a text alternative [1.1.1 Non-text Content, 2.4.4 Link Purpose (in Context)].
- The button used to expand the navigation menu contains text that is always in English [3.1.2. Language of parts, 3.3.2. Labels or instructions].
- The buttons used to access deeper navigation levels contain text that is always in English [3.1.2. Language of parts, 3.3.2. Labels or instructions].
- In some browsers, part of the footer sometimes overflows the container and cannot be accessed [1.4.10. Reflow].
- In the search form, the "Reset selection" button is not hidden appropriately when not in use [1.3.1. Info and relationships, 2.4.7. Focus visible].
- In the search form, the "Reset selection" button is actually a Submit button, not a Reset button [1.3.1. Info and relationships, 4.1.2. Name, role, value].
Preparation of this statement
This statement was prepared on 31/08/2021, based on an audit performed by Wunder Oy during 05/2021. The list of violations was reviewed and updated during the creation of this statement.
omnia.fi was released on 1 September 2021.
Feedback and contact information
You have a right to report any failures to comply with the Standards, and to request alternative versions of content that is inaccessible to you.
- To send feedback on the technical accessibility of this service: email@example.com
- To send feedback on the accessibility of the content of this service: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To request alternative versions of any of the content: email@example.com
You should receive timely confirmation acknowledging the receipt of your feedback or request. If you do not receive confirmation within 14 days, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are required by the Finnish Act to address your feedback or request within two weeks. If we are unable to address it within two weeks, we will contact you to inform you and extend the deadline by up to two additional weeks.
If your feedback or request is not acknowledged or addressed within the required timeframe, you have a right to file a complaint with the competent authority: