A work-based learning period at Omnia will add to your professional skills as well as cultural knowledge of Finland and your ability to live in a different environment.
We receive students from several fields of study: carpentry, elderly care, child care, beautician, hotel and tourism, catering, IT, car mechanics, textile and baker-confectionary.
The average length of the mobility period is from 3 to 12 weeks, but longer periods are also possible.
I’m happy I got to know the very nice and kind people of Omnia and Aalto University. The wood workshop and the possibilities for the carpenter at Omnia are very impressing. I had a great time working here and learned a lot.
— Matthias Teutsch, student from Germany
It was great to stay in Helsinki/Espoo. Through Omnia I had an opportunity to do an internship with ABB. I was able to increase my English skills as well as my technical skills with frequency converters.
— Johannes Straub, student from Germany
Depending on the program and length of the stay the fee for the hosting is 150–250 €/student.
The fee includes:
- work placement search (Europass CV and a list of suitable work tasks in English are required in advance) and assistance in finding accommodation
- arrival instructions (public transport/taxi) and support during the mobility
- orientation day at Omnia vocational college
- getting to know the Finnish education system and Omnia vocational college
- assistance in purchasing the public transport card, phone card, groceries etc.
- assistance in using the public transportation
- accompanied first visit to the work placement (remember to bring the documents from your home country e.g. Learning Agreement, Europass Mobility Document)
- final meeting (certificate and feedback)
When can I start the mobility period at Omnia?
We receive students seven times per school year (3 times in autumn and 4 times in spring) on fixed starting days. The groups are formed of students from different countries.
Contact us for the exact dates.
Contact us for more details
Assistant for International Affairs
tel. +358 40 126 7100