Omnia opens doors to working life and further education. In Omnia you can study two vocational upper secondary qualifications in English.
- Vocational qualification in Business Management prepares you for different positions in sales, customer service and marketing communication tasks in various fields of business and public sector.
- Vocational qualification in Cleaning and Property Services, Site facilities operative prepares you for positions in cleaning services at different customer sites including residential properties, accommodation facilities, shopping centres and healthcare institutions.
- Vocational qualification in Restaurant and Catering Services, Restaurant Cook qualifies you for handling food preparation tasks at restaurants and developing different business ideas for both private and public sector.
- Vocational qualification in Social and Health Care (Practical nurse), Competence area in the education and care of children and adolescents provides you skills that you will need in different tasks as a practical nurse.
You will study in different study environments: in classroom, at a work place, online or in different practical projects. Studying for a vocational qualification in English will improve your language skills and grants you eligibility for further studies in university or university of applied sciences.
Application period for aforementioned English vocational qualifications is 19.2.2019 - 12.3.2019.
Student selection is based on the information provided in the application and the selection criteria.
- basic education
- plans for future career
- need for education
- knowledge of the teaching language
Please note that the information on the application form is used as a basis for student admission. Fill in your application carefully.
Language test (Finnish and English)
- The applicants will be invited to the language test by email.
- The applicants, who have passed the written language tests (Finnish and English), will be invited to an oral language test (Finnish and English).
- If your mother tongue is Finnish, you may be exempted from the Finnish language test (written and oral)
- If your mother tongue is English, you may be exempted from the English language test (written and oral)
- The written language tests will be arranged 28.3.-29.3.2019. The oral test will be arranged 11.4.2019.
Please note! It is possible to complete the language tests at Omnia in Espoo, Finland only.
Voit saada vapautuksen suomen kielen kielitestistä, jos sinulla on
- suomenkielisen perusopetuksen päättötodistus.
- YKI-todistus, jossa vähintään kaksi osa-aluetta on vähintään taso 3.
- kotoutumiskoulutuksen, maahanmuuttajanuorten (MANU), Valman tai Mavan todistus, jossa kaikki neljä osa-aluetta on vähintään A2.2.
- suomen kielellä suoritetun lukion, ammatillisen tutkinnon (perustutkinnon, ammattitutkinnon tai erikoisammattitutkinnon), ammattikorkeakoulun tai yliopiston tutkintotodistus.
By issuing the following certificates, you may be exempted from the English language test.
- Cambridge ESOL's Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE), level C
- Cambridge ESOL's Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), CEFR level C1
- IELTS, academy level 6,0.
- TOEFL min 79 internet-based test
- The National Certificate in English language (YKI), at least level 4, Intermediate (in all parts)
- Finnish high school or vocational school where the language of instruction is English
- A degree in Finnish higher education where the language of instruction is English
- An academic degree completed outside of Finland, depending on the case
- Grade C or higher in English in the Finnish Matriculation Examination
Please note! IELTS, TOEFL and Cambridge Certificates are valid only for two (2) years since date of issue.
Please attach your language certificate to your application or send it to email@example.com.