Interested in working in sales, customer service and marketing communication tasks in various fields of business and public sector?
At Omnia you can study the Vocational Qualification in Business and Administration in English. This qualification is appropriate for those, who wish to study in English. However, a basic command of Finnish is also necessary in order to be able to work in Finland.
The scope of the qualification is 180 competence points. Teaching languages are English and Finnish. The curriculum consists of theoretical and practical studies and on-the-job-learning, mainly carried out in Finnish workplaces.
Studying for a vocational qualification in English will improve your language skills and grants you eligibility for further studies in university or university of applied sciences. People who have graduated from upper secondary education in Finland or respective education abroad can apply to this programme.
Personalisation of the studies will be done before the beginning of the studies.
The training period depends on the student's basic education and the progress of the studies.
26.4.2018 - 27.5.2018
Please note that the information on the application form is used as a basis for student admission, so fill in your application carefully.
The applicants will be invited to language tests (Finnish and English) by email.
The language tests will be arranged on May 31, 2018.
English: fluent spoken and written (B1.2 recommended)
The applicants will be invited to the language test by email. By issuing the following certificates, you are exempted from the language tests.
- The National Certificate in Finnish language (YKI), at least level 3, Intermediate (in all parts).
One of the following:
- Cambridge ESOL's Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE), level C,
- Cambridge ESOL's Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), CEFR level C1,
- IELTS, academy level 6,0,
- TOEFL 550 paper-based test/ TOEFL 79 - 80 internet-based test, or
- The National Certificate in English language (YKI), at least level 4, Intermediate (in all parts).
Duration of studies
The studies will start on August 2018. The duration of the studies is approximately 2,5 years depending on your previous studies and how your studies will proceed.
The qualification includes full-time studying at Omnia as well as on-the-job learning periods.
Studying is free of charge.
- Compulsory modules 55 cp
- Customer service 20 cp
- Profitable operations 20 cp
- Operating in working community 15 cp
- Elective modules 90 cp
- Customer relationship management, 30 cp
- Financial services, 30 cp
- Personnel support services, 15 cp
- Bookkeeping, 30 cp
- Invoicing and account ledger, 15 cp
- Logistics services, 15 cp
- Marketing communication and content production, 30 cp
- Sales, 30 cp
- Payroll, 30 cp
- Service design, 15 cp
- Project operations, 15 cp
- Event production, 15 cp
- Accounting entries, 15 cp
- Planning of business operations, 15 cp
- Business operations,15 cp
- Core modules 35 cp
NB! In order to graduate you have to earn at least grade 1 (satisfactory) in the competence area ”Finnish as a second language” of Core modules
Minna Hirvonen, Study Counsellor
Tel. +358 40 1267 452
International students must have a valid health insurance and accommodation for the duration of their study in Finland. Omnia does not offer dormitories.